Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Bead Table Wednesday 9-21-2017

**Please excuse the spacing on this post... I don't know what is going on, but I need to get to bed so I will come back later to figure it out. As always, don't be shy, please leave a comment!

Bead Table Wednesday will be a new appearance to my blog. I'm doing it to show you what I'm up to and to help inspire me to get it done. I have four boards going today... lots of stuff in my head, lots of stuff I need to learn, lots of stuff I'm curious about, and lots of stuff I want to get done. 


This purple board is of a triangle box from a Julia S. Pretl pattern and it's part of a bead-a-long for one of the Facebook bead groups I belong to. I'm trying to get better at reading patterns and following written directions by someone else. I do pretty good following my patterns (duh!) and following videos, but it's very rare for me to actually be able to follow other directions. I need a combination of very well written directions and pictures... not just computer generated graphics, but actual photos of the beadwork in progress. I figure if I get enough experience, it will make it easier. I just currently finished the hem on this box and it was a booger! I'm hoping the hem on the lid goes better. 


This is a future rosary. As far as I'm concerned you cannot have too many and what you don't see on the outside of the board is a bunch more beads, counted and sorted for a few more rosaries.... maybe ten in all.

This burgundy board has a bunch of orange and blue beaded paw prints (beaded by me from my pattern... one of the first patterns I ever did for myself.) They will be sewn onto leather and Ultrasuede for a couple of bracelets for my daughter. Her college has a tiger as the mascot and the colors are orange and blue. I hope to get going on these tomorrow... I need to cut the leather to the right length, add a curved edge and snaps before I start to attach them and add an edging. 

And last, but not least, is a pattern I made from  vintage Catholic line art of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I started working on it a couple of months ago, I'm on row 165 and have 400 rows or so to go. Its a labor of love. I made a couple of other tapestries of the Blessed Virgin Mary and gave them away after working on each one for several months. This one is for me. I have a wall all picked out and will need to find a big, vintage frame for it. I'm very pleased with how it is turning out. I will write other posts about my previous tapestries... they need to be seen. And I also, at some point, will be sharing the patterns. I just need to write them out.

And there you have it. I have ideas of future blog posts..... maybe a Monday Musings and another to talk about products or techniques. Okay, time for bed... my little companion, Mr. Waffles, is very tired and I have to be up early tomorrow, but I let the day get away from me working on the box and that pesky hem.

No comments: